Scarborough Jazz festival – UK 2017 Jazz Venue of the Year!
So the north has done it again – the second year running a NorvolJazz network promoter has won the jazz venue of the year in the prestigious Parliamentary Jazz awards. And our warmest congratulations to Mike and Marion Gordon who have read more…
Remember too, that Jazz Festivals run throughout the year! Check our Festivals page.
NorVol Jazz and Jazz North to help new Northern jazz promoters learn the ropes
The Norvol jazz network continues to flourish! It is now up to 30 jazz club and festival members and keeps attracting more. The network met at Scarborough Jazz Festival on 24 September and approved a project to work with Jazz North to help new Northern jazz promoters. They also gave their blessing to starting work on a new jazz touring programme for 2017 which will follow on from the current successful Apollo/NorVol Jazz programme that is bringing artists like Ingrid Jensen, Ellery Eskelin and Seamus Blake to Northern jazz venues. Read more…
Some clubs use more than one venue. Please check our venues page for details.
- 19 January, 2018 9:00 pmGraeme Wilson Quartet
- 21 January, 2018 2:00 pmJazz de Luxe : Part One
- 21 January, 2018 7:00 pmJazz de Luxe : Part Two
- 24 January, 2018 8:00 pmChris Sharkey & Matthew Bourne : In Pogress
- 25 January, 2018 8:00 pmBearpark
- 26 January, 2018 9:00 pmDebra Milne & Steve Glendinning
- 4 February, 2018 3:00 pmImprovisers Workshop
- 4 February, 2018 7:45 pmSimon Rose - Steve Noble Duo
- 8 February, 2018 8:00 pmMalija @Seven Arts
- 11 February, 2018 7:45 pmLuis Vicente, Olie Brice & Mark Sanders
- 15 February, 2018 7:45 pmGroup Theory + Early Bird Band
- 21 February, 2018 8:00 pmChris Sharkey & James Mainwaring : In Progress
- 23 February, 2018 8:45 pmDock in Absolute
- 4 March, 2018 3:00 pmImprovisers Workshop
- 4 March, 2018 7:45 pmDaniel Levin + Squeteague
- 11 March, 2018 7:45 pmWill Guthrie + l'Ocelle Mare
- 15 March, 2018 7:45 pmRiviera Quartet : Album Launch
Their mission is to increase the profile of contemporary jazz in the North by developing opportunities for artists and building audiences through collective partnership working.